WHY IS CHRONIC PAIN SO OVERWHELMING FOR SO MANY PEOPLE?
For those who missed it, I have edited and expanded a talk I gave last year to a Rehab First Seminar in London, Ontario. It is rather long, so rather than post over 30 pages, I have provided a link below. Please feel free to download, copy and share as you wish.
Here is the link:
In this talk, I explained some startling statistics about how disabling chronic pain can be for people all over the world. This is a follow-up to my prior post, entitled
After this introduction, I follow up with a detailed answer to the following questions:
- Why chronic pain is a leading cause of disability worldwide
- Why all the doubt and confusion about chronic pain
- What patients mean when they talk about their pain
- Why chronic pain is more than just physical pain
- How pain and loss can be soul-crushing
Then, I bring it on home with a Top Ten list of ways that we can all help reduce the suffering and limitations related to this big and complex problem.
Thank you for reading. Thank you to Azgan Mjestri (image above) and Rachel Walker (image below, both from Unsplash) for your creative work.
Please feel free to steal, share and join our growing list of subscribers.